OLA in the News: Do Renters Need Insurance?

c0ntra

Re: OLA in the News: Do Renters Need Insurance?

#25 Unread post by c0ntra » August 18th, 2011, 6:18 pm

If those articles aren't convincing enough for the tenants who read this site, I dont know what is except first hand experience.
The lovely thing about money is that it really doesn’t discriminate. It doesn’t care what color or race you are, what class you are, what your parents did, or even who you think you are. Each and every day starts with a clean slate so that no matter what you did yesterday, today begins anew, and you have the same rights and opportunities as everyone else to take as much as you want. -R.Templar

Openborders

#26 Unread post by Openborders » August 18th, 2011, 8:55 pm

former advertiser wrote:
We don't need to justify this any further.
It's not over at all. I don't want to sound rude but people here have to decide whether they want this forum to have true information or be a propaganda landlord love in with misinformation being dinner and tenant bashing as dessert.

Openborders

#27 Unread post by Openborders » August 18th, 2011, 8:58 pm

c0ntra wrote: Agreed. Even the dreaded Toronto Star agrees with you. As much as I hate the star, they've tried to educate tenants through at least 3 articles this year alone, describing recent incidents where tenants were left high and dry thinking the RTA protected their belongings.
The Toronto Star is no friend of tenants. I know for a fact they have no love for tenants who don't have money to buy newspapers or don't have time to click on their high paid advertisements selling Muskoka real estate and trips to Club Med. The Star is in bed with the insurance companies. That's the only reason they are printing articles trying to convince tenants to foolishly waste their money on something they don't need.

Marc

#28 Unread post by Marc » August 18th, 2011, 9:10 pm

Since I have been here there have been numerous tenant (activists) criticizing us for giving well informed advice. Before attacking, how about trying to give some evidence and facts?