OLA in the News: Do Renters Need Insurance?

tag-photos

Re: OLA in the News: Do Renters Need Insurance?

#5 Unread post by tag-photos » August 17th, 2011, 4:46 pm

OLA wrote:I’m a tenant, I have insurance, and was very happy about that several weeks ago when I came home to find my home burglarized,” says Stewart.

It would appear so.

Marc

#6 Unread post by Marc » August 17th, 2011, 4:47 pm

tag-photos wrote:
OLA wrote:I’m a tenant, I have insurance, and was very happy about that several weeks ago when I came home to find my home burglarized,” says Stewart.

It would appear so.
Did your Mother have content insurance?

Based on this post you wrote:
tag-photos wrote:
April, I am sorry to hear about your break in.

I know after my parents house was broken into my mother had very similar feelings as you. Enough so that the entire door frame was reinforced and a stronger deadbolt added to the door.

tag-photos

#7 Unread post by tag-photos » August 17th, 2011, 5:18 pm

Marc wrote: Did your Mother have content insurance?

Based on this post you wrote:
tag-photos wrote:
April, I am sorry to hear about your break in.

I know after my parents house was broken into my mother had very similar feelings as you. Enough so that the entire door frame was reinforced and a stronger deadbolt added to the door.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

House insurance actually.

It was actually a scary situation. My mother just went about 2 blocks away to do some shopping and banking. Gone 1-2 hours and came back to a kicked in door and a bunch of electronics and misc. stuff missing.
Extra scary considering my mom is roughly 5' tall in shoes and was home alone. Coming home at the wrong time could have been very bad for her...

Marc

#8 Unread post by Marc » August 17th, 2011, 8:28 pm

Mortgage companies demand house insurance. Landlords should be able to demand content insurance.