OLA in "L'EXPRESS" (Semaine du 15 mars au 21 mars 2011)

Skitter

Re: OLA in "L'EXPRESS" (Semaine du 15 mars au 21 mars 2011)

#37 Unread post by Skitter » April 8th, 2011, 4:01 pm

Parker wrote:how about this twist. offer tenants insurance against bad landlords. i have heard this discussed before.

Tenants already have this insurance:

free legal aide
80 free legal clinics in ontario
some of the most tenant freindly legislation in northa america
an OHRC that is biased against landlords
a LTB that overbooks hearings and forces landlords to house tenants for free
adjudicators that have shown a long term history of favorable treatment towards tenants
a LTB that is run by a human rights activist
free aplications of T2's
interpretive guidelines 6 an 7 in the RTA that allow the adjudicators complete and total freedo, to rule as they please

But maybe you should focus of telling tenants to buy contents insurance, especially since an FMTA spokesperson told them tenant insurance wasnt necessary.

I think the tenants at 200 wellesley would say otherwise.

Hawk

#38 Unread post by Hawk » April 8th, 2011, 5:15 pm

ColdFire wrote:It's funny that you mention this DowntownToronto. We had a woman who is a landlord herself that wants to partner with us to do exactly what you're proposing. She tells us that she's quite skilled at going after tenants.
How is she skilled? I'd like to chat with her. Could you introduce her to this forum.

tag-photos

#39 Unread post by tag-photos » April 8th, 2011, 10:18 pm

Hawk wrote:
ColdFire wrote:It's funny that you mention this DowntownToronto. We had a woman who is a landlord herself that wants to partner with us to do exactly what you're proposing. She tells us that she's quite skilled at going after tenants.
How is she skilled? I'd like to chat with her. Could you introduce her to this forum.

My first thought was it sounded like margret :)

So maybe she is already here.

Parker

#40 Unread post by Parker » April 10th, 2011, 9:10 am

Former contributor wrote:
I also just read your absurd post claiming that the Japanese government caused the earthquake and the tsunami :!:

good bye!
it was. i have explained why. perhaps you would like to read it before attempting to bully and threaten me.