OLA Member in the News: Cheap aprts getting hard to find

furtado_4real

Re: OLA Member in the News: Cheap aprts getting hard to find

#21 Unread post by furtado_4real » August 23rd, 2011, 5:09 pm

AverageJoe wrote:Low rates = smart landlords living the good life. It's why I'm seriously thinking of buying a condo in the next few weeks and renting it out.
I am not certain which is funnier, 1, 2 or 3.

1) That you are so delusional, you believe, or think for a second we believe any of the things stated in your signature; with the exception of the first statement.
Rented for years-own my own home-considering buying an investment property

2) That you are so delusional, you do actually believe you are going buy one to rent out.

3) That by some miracle, someone like you would be able to purchase a rental, renting it out, and then dealing with what we deal with, and then coming here to cry about how we were right all along.

The irony; if this statement were true.

furtado_4real

#22 Unread post by furtado_4real » August 23rd, 2011, 5:10 pm

AverageJoe wrote:
Ganou wrote:
AverageJoe wrote:Low rates = smart landlords living the good life. It's why I'm seriously thinking of buying a condo in the next few weeks and renting it out.
Sure...go and invest. Please tell us how much money youre rolling in!!!

I'm tired of you bragging that you will make a fortune.....just go an do it.

Rent out your condo for below market rates.....I dare you.
I'm serious. I might even go for a quick closing so I can take possession early just to show you whiny types how it's done.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You do that. Hopefully the owner and/or bank take Monopoly money and someone else's credit report.

tag-photos

#23 Unread post by tag-photos » August 23rd, 2011, 5:15 pm

Former contributor wrote:ultimately I blame the govt for allowing tenants to do this- if govt came down hard on these degenerates we wouldnt all be in this mess......

If they came up with enforceable laws and actually enforced them on everyone than a lot of the issues we all have would be gone.

tag-photos

#24 Unread post by tag-photos » August 23rd, 2011, 5:17 pm

furtado_4real wrote:You are correct tags. But the posts you see from LL's doing illegal things are to protect thier property/investment and families from bad tenants. i.e. wanting to get around rules so they can rent to people who will pay, who will not destroy the place etc..

The tenants like Van and others are doing illegal things to hurt LL's property/investment and families. Do not want to pay rent, want to destroy the place etc...

You cannot argue that a LL has a sound and just reason to do so - even if it does thwart some laws, right?

I agree the motives are worlds apart. I also agree that the LLs here advocating to break laws are doing so because following them is, potentially, business suicide. So in the LL cases here it is god business sense to break the law and protect yourself from punishment for it. Which is laughably easy.