OLA Member in the News: Cheap aprts getting hard to find

zerg

Re: OLA Member in the News: Cheap aprts getting hard to find

#11 Unread post by zerg » August 15th, 2011, 2:56 pm

Marc wrote:You should spend some time reading the thread on the Waterloo situation. It is far different than licensing for boating.
I did, and that's why I didn't want to talk too much on it, also why I brought up the boating thing to put my comment into proper context :)

The fees are pretty high for the waterloo license, I dislike that. I don't know why they need to charge over $400 per year. $25 per year is far more reasonable.

The problem with these things is you only get information from the activist groups who oppose EVERYTHING, or blow small things way out of proportion, despite only a few of the items being unreasonable.

Marc

#12 Unread post by Marc » August 15th, 2011, 3:05 pm

zerg wrote: despite only a few of the items being unreasonable.
There are more than a few items in Waterloo licensing that are unreasonable. If you manage or own more properties, you get a much clearer picture of abuses by both tenants and the government.

VanHalen70

#13 Unread post by VanHalen70 » August 21st, 2011, 1:03 am

This thing is right on. Its tough to find a good place so tenants need to make sure they stay where they are and make sure the landlord fears them so they wont dare try to evict because if they do you will flood the place and call the city to fix the flood and the holes in the drywall and all the other problems in the crappy slum. lords house you are cursed to live in.
Formerly my name here was Bong. This upset the sensibilities of "some" so I changed it so as not to give them an easy way to attack me and attempt to discredit me because the truth is they fear my MESSAGE and my COURAGE to stand up for what's right!

AverageJoe

#14 Unread post by AverageJoe » August 22nd, 2011, 3:36 pm

Low rates = smart landlords living the good life. It's why I'm seriously thinking of buying a condo in the next few weeks and renting it out.