OLA in "L'EXPRESS" (Semaine du 15 mars au 21 mars 2011)

DowntownToronto

Re: OLA in "L'EXPRESS" (Semaine du 15 mars au 21 mars 2011)

#31 Unread post by DowntownToronto » April 7th, 2011, 8:37 pm

How about this as a twist on this type of business.

It could be a company that specializes in getting bad debts paid by tenants, like a collecting agency for outstanding rent payments (and other losses).

I think most landlords just "eat the losses". I'd love to have a company take my bad tenant file and go after the tenant. I think there would be plenty of landlord's that would just be happy seeing the tenant get what they deserve and know that they didn't get away with it.

Then, everyone would be happy (accept the deadbeat tenant).

This might be a long shot as it can be hard to collect from tenants, though.

Just a thought

ColdFire

#32 Unread post by ColdFire » April 8th, 2011, 8:10 am

It's funny that you mention this DowntownToronto. We had a woman who is a landlord herself that wants to partner with us to do exactly what you're proposing. She tells us that she's quite skilled at going after tenants.
BuyMyRent
Toll Free: 1 (866) 698-8786
www.buymyrent.ca

Skitter

#33 Unread post by Skitter » April 8th, 2011, 9:40 am

I'd love to have a company take my bad tenant file and go after the tenant. I think there would be plenty of landlord's that would just be happy seeing the tenant get what they deserve and know that they didn't get away with it.

-I agree!

most collection agencies wont take a collection file on a tenant for a reason:.........the tenant often is not collectible anyway, ie no job, no assets, on welfare, declares bankruptcy ect.

How about this for a twist...........for a reasonable admin fee, the company guarantees the unpaid debt is put on the tenant's credit history.

Many landlords would be willing to pay to know that the tenant will NOT simply get away with no penalty.

If the debt is recorded on the tenant's credit rating, its a simple job of determining if the tenant is a high risk simply by doing the credit check.

The BIG problems small landlords face is that there is really no means for us to determine if the tenant has been not paying their rent, evicited, caused damages ect.

If we knew that judgments against tenants WERE reliably recorded on their credit record, it would allow us to avoid these bad tenants.

Parker

#34 Unread post by Parker » April 8th, 2011, 2:23 pm

how about this twist. offer tenants insurance against bad landlords. i have heard this discussed before.