Make Sure Your Home Is Safe! You Can Call The Fire Department DIRECTLY And Get Protected

Announcements and articles for tenants will be posted here along with helpful posts from the New Tenant Help Forum.
Advocate

Re: Make Sure Your Home Is Safe! You Can Call The Fire Department DIRECTLY And Get Protected

#5 Unread post by Advocate » November 6th, 2019, 12:59 am

I think it would be very fair to give your landlord a "warning" and demand repairs. I also think it would be very fair to demand a payment from your landlord considering you have lived there in such a dangerous situation. And if you had not contacted the landlord and went to the fire department directly the landlord would have faced severe fines. After all, this is a "business" and you are allowed "business negotiations".
By demanding say $10,000 or $20,000 from your landlord you are doing them a favor you don't have to do. So you certainly can negotiate some sort of settlement.

And if the don't agree to "cooperate with you on fire safety" you need to call the fire professionals immediately!

LindaH

Re: Make Sure Your Home Is Safe! You Can Call The Fire Department DIRECTLY And Get Protected

#6 Unread post by LindaH » November 17th, 2019, 12:16 am

evicted wrote:
November 2nd, 2019, 11:01 pm
Barrie Renter wrote:
November 2nd, 2019, 9:57 pm
So if i have guests coming over my landlord is still 100% responsible for our safety, right?
Yes. 100%.

What I'm thinking is if my place doesn't have the required smoke and CO detectors could I demand a nice big juicy payment (like $10,000 or more from my landlord) or I report my slum-lord immediately (and he will get nailed).

Pay or get f*cked for not protecting me and my loved ones from burning to death!

So I get the money AND get things made safe.

Could be a great way for hard working Tenants to make some nice money and also protect our homes.
This is a totally viable option for tenants who are on a tight budget. You get protected, and you save your landlord from facing huge fines.

The money that would go as "fines" will go to your pocket.

It's also smart for the landlord because this money can be paid as rent, but if it goes to the government it is gone forever.

God, I love this forum! 8-)

LindaH

#7 Unread post by LindaH » November 17th, 2019, 12:40 am

For the landlords hating this and wanting your tenants to die because if they are dead you can just get new ones I say this:

The Tenant Justice Project

#8 Unread post by The Tenant Justice Project » November 24th, 2019, 12:07 am

Robin wrote:
November 1st, 2019, 7:19 pm
The landlords said my rental home was safe, now my babies & pets are dying! Why did I trust him?

DO NOT TRUST YOUR LANDLORD WHO SEES YOU AS A COMMODITY TO MAKE MONEY. YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND YOUR CHILDREN, THE LANDLORD DOESN'T CARE.

YOU ARE JUST A MONEY SOURCE SO "THEY" CAN PAY FOR NEW CARS, BIG HOUSES, ELITE PRIVATE SCHOOLS, AND EXOTIC VACATIONS AND MONEY LAUNDERING.

JUST CALL YOUR LOCAL FIRE DEPARTMENT AND DEMAND THEM COME DUE TO YOUR SAFETY CONCERNS.

OF COURSE ALL SERVICES IN CANADA AND MANNED BY LAZY ASS CANADIANS SO DEMAND THEM COME TO HELP YOU, AS IS THEIR LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY.

Make the call, DEMAND IT, and protect our family!