After A Painfully Long Wait The Landlord & Tenant Board Is Open
Many small landlords have felt incredibly frustrated and rightfully angry as the Landlord and Tenant Board was closed for most cases such as non-payment of rent.
Most of us have full time or part time jobs that help us survive. Like others, we too suffered job losses, no school for our children, lock-downs and were worried about our loved ones being safe.
We also had our rental properties to deal with.
Small Ontario Landlords Finally Can Take Action Against Non-Paying Tenants
Ontario Landlord and Tenant Board Is Open
Here are the rules for the opening.
As of August 1st, 2020 the Landlord and Tenant Board Will:
(1) Begin to issue eviction orders that are already pending
(2) The LTB will begin to issue consent eviction orders that are based on tenants and landlords deciding to settle issues with an agreement.
(3) LTB will remain hearing ‘urgent’ matters that are related to health and safety issues that have already been scheduled.
(4) Begin to schedule hearings for non-urgent evictions.
(5) Start non-urgent hearings starting in the middle of August and into autumn.
As the LTB gradually re-opens it says it will make their services stronger:
(1) They will begin holding hearings by phone, video software and in writing
(2) The LTB is encouraging tenants and landlords to try to reach a settlement before applying for a hearing
(3) Using what are called “Case Management Hearings” for applications that don’t include rent owed
(4) Hiring and training more adjudicators
We will be watching what happens and encourage our members to share your feedback with us that we will share with the LTB and the Ministry.
Got Questions? Need Help?
With all the changes happening and after months of chaos we are here to help.
We have thousands of members and many very experienced and successful. This is why we exist…to help small landlords and get our message heard.
So instead of just complaining to each other about how unfair things are, or listening to people who aren’t successful, our members work to come up with winning landlord solutions.
And unlike people who don’t even own rental properties, we’ve got ‘skin in the game’ and find real world solutions because our incomes depend on it.
All for a one time registration fee that includes huge discounts on key services.
The Ontario Landlord and Tenant Board is Finally Re-Opening!
Make Sure You Know The Ropes And Run A Successful Rental Business By Running Credit Checks, Criminal Checks and Having A Network Of Successful Landlords On “Your Team”!