How Much Can I Raise the Rent (Property Built in 2013)

We welcome your opinions and debate. Join our huge landlord community where we help each other for success! For serious/complicated questions please post in our protected Professional & Expert Forums. For all legal questions contact a licensed legal rep. Forum is moderated.
Condoinvest

How Much Can I Raise the Rent (Property Built in 2013)

#1 Unread post by Condoinvest » February 14th, 2014, 9:02 pm

Excellent forum and thank you for all the good advice and posts here.

I bought a townhouse property which was newly built in 2013 and rented since Spring 2013.

My taxes are higher than expected and when I first took possession from the builder I forgot there was a fee for the road which is considered un-assumed and I have to pay a pretty big monthly fee to the builder to maintain it.

I currently rent the property for $1600/month and would like to raise the rent to take account for my increased costs.

I read that the 2014 rent increase is only 0.8% (http://ontariolandlords.org/blog/ontari ... line-2014/)

0.8% won't cover my costs and I think I might be exempt from the because the property is only a year old. Can someone with experience explain how this works because I want to make sure I do it right.

Ash

Re: How Much Can I Raise the Rent (Property Built in 2013)

#2 Unread post by Ash » February 14th, 2014, 9:47 pm

You must be logged in to read the additional posts in this topic

# by »

# by »