Congrats Oshawa! A New Demerit Point System For Landlords

A serious and sophisticated place to discuss politics, off topic issues, and landlord/tenant issues and news in depth. All viewpoints welcome. Forum is moderated.
JanetS

Re: Congrats Oshawa! A New Demerit Point System For Landlord

#6 Unread post by JanetS » November 28th, 2012, 7:05 pm

StudentLandlord wrote:I want to know how Oshawa expects a LL to kick out tenants, after having their license pulled. Guess that'll have to be written up in the RTA, no? Hmmm...too many infractions, license pulled, tenants evicted as it's not a licensed unit. Good way to get out deadbeats, reno, and raise the rent. What the heck, you've got a year you can't rent without a license, right? :lol:
Hey, a loophole :) Some of our more "interesting" tenants find loopholes wherever they may be. You may be onto something ..... let's say I want to sell a rental home .... and let's say our difficult tenants are making that impossible (using Doug's advice, leaving turds on the floor, leaving the home filthy), then just make sure that somebody (friend) can call the City and say things that will get your license pulled (as in the example for Oshawa, noise, cars parked illegally.....we can think of some more things). Pull the license. Obviously remove the tenants. Sell the house.

Done! I love it! Thank you Doug for twisting my mind in that direction....I'd never have gone there otherwise.

Steves

Re: Congrats Oshawa! A New Demerit Point System For Landlord

#7 Unread post by Steves » November 28th, 2012, 9:06 pm

You must be logged in to read the additional posts in this topic

Steve S.; 13 years in, 50+ doors in 2013

# by »

# by »

# by »