Advice wanted - experience with "personal use" eviction

We welcome your opinions and debate. Join our huge landlord community where we help each other for success! For serious/complicated questions please post in our protected Professional & Expert Forums. For all legal questions contact a licensed legal rep. Forum is moderated.
bmthalman

Advice wanted - experience with "personal use" eviction

#1 Unread post by bmthalman » February 17th, 2024, 9:17 am

Advice needed:

Does anyone have experience with this? I want my space back to use, but I have no idea what happens if my tenants say no and what the tribunal will ask/decide. I am assuming the worst, my tenants say no and stop paying rent and it takes a year to get a hearing/get them out.

Anyone who has gone thru this could you please tell me what your experience was like? Especially the kinds of things the tribunal asked at your hearing (if you had one).

Rant:

I am done with being a landlord in Ontario. The laws are heavily titled in tenants' favor. The language in the Ontario Tenancies Act is outrageous, as a landlord you are effectively entering into an agreement with the government of Ontario and your tenants. You need to ask for permission from the tribunal to evict tenants....that is absurd; it's my property (but that is not the way the government sees it).

I knew there were regulations around this, but had no idea how much the system favors tenants.

Jane the Landlord

Re: Advice wanted - experience with "personal use" eviction

#2 Unread post by Jane the Landlord » February 17th, 2024, 10:20 am

You must be logged in to read the additional posts in this topic

# by »

# by »