How To Win At Your LTB Hearing (You need to "fib" a little)

We welcome your opinions and debate. Join our huge landlord community where we help each other for success! For serious/complicated questions please post in our protected Professional & Expert Forums. For all legal questions contact a licensed legal rep. Forum is moderated.
Propertymanager

Re: How To Win At Your LTB Hearing (You need to "fib" a little)

#37 Unread post by Propertymanager » October 11th, 2023, 9:12 am

Hello, I rent my basement appartment to a 21 year old tenant who had his parent co-sign the Ontario Lease 11 days ago. On the application rental, the tenant confirmed that he was NOT a smoker, and in sec. 10 of the Ontario Lease, I outlined very clearly that " Smoking of any type is (including cigarettes, cigars, e-cifarettes, shisha, hookah, majijuana, pot, etc) is prohibited inside the Rental premises or comon areas or withih 5 meters of the house entrance." The Tenant and his father signed the lease and agreed to the terms. However, the second day he moved in, he asked me if he can smoke weed in the appartment, and I reminded him of the terms of the lease. I also told him that he is free to smoke 5 meters away from the house, to which he agreed. Unfortunately, last week there was a very strong week smell coming from the basement appartment. I texted him and he apologized and said that he was not smoking, he accidentally left a weed package open and promised it won't happen again. Unfortunately, today, my whole house smells weed again! What should I do now? he just moved in 11 days ago under the pretense that he was not a smoker. I would appreciate some suggestions and guidance.
Only thing you can do is file at the LTB

LandlordRightsNow

Re: How To Win At Your LTB Hearing (You need to "fib" a little)

#38 Unread post by LandlordRightsNow » October 12th, 2023, 12:37 am

You must be logged in to read the additional posts in this topic

# by »

# by »