Does a landlord have the right to install thermostat guard

We welcome your opinions and debate. Join our huge landlord community where we help each other for success! For serious/complicated questions please post in our protected Professional & Expert Forums. For all legal questions contact a licensed legal rep. Forum is moderated.
Bemboo

Does a landlord have the right to install thermostat guard

#1 Unread post by Bemboo » October 22nd, 2017, 6:09 pm

I am renting a house to a group of student tenants. I pay for the utilities for the house. And I do not live in the rental property.

I wanted to install a thermostat guard for the thermostat in the house. I promised that the winter temperature settings would be 2-3 degree Celsius higher than the ones recommended by the Ottawa by-law. And the settings could also be changed further if they think its required. And I told them the reason for putting on the guard was just to prevent the abuse of the energy. But the tenants are strongly against the installation.

I wonder if the landlord has the right to install the guard in the case?

Thanks.

Lee

Re: Does a landlord have the right to install thermostat guard

#2 Unread post by Lee » October 22nd, 2017, 6:37 pm

You must be logged in to read the additional posts in this topic

# by »

# by »

# by »