What To Do If Your Appliances Need Fixing Or Replacing

We have recruited Tenant Community Leaders across Canada to help provide a helpful & informative forum for verified tenants. This is a safe space for Tenants to seek help & communicate with one another in a mature & non-confrontational arena. Tenants contributors only.
TOGeordie

What To Do If Your Appliances Need Fixing Or Replacing

#1 Unread post by TOGeordie » January 15th, 2018, 5:25 pm

Anyone else see the landlord post about a so-called problem with an stove?

The Tenant is dealing with a stove that doesn't heat property, has burners broken and might even be a fire hazard!

So I replied for everyone here ask yourself why a hard working Tenant who is already probably paying over half their income to cover the high rent would even offer to buy a stove and then give it to the landlord when they move.

Could it be the current stove is so horrible it's interfering with their reasonable enjoyment?

The Tenant should file a T2 Tenant Rights form if this is the case.

Telling the adjudicator he/she is even resorting to offering to buy a new stove will guarantee a nice big rent rebate and possible fine against the landlord.

Then the landlords piled on me with attempts to shut down my message.

The reality is Tenants do not have to beg to get their stove fixed and don't have to pay their own hard earned money to buy a new one.

Take your case to the Landlord and Tenant Board and you will Win.

Grizzledrenter

Re: What To Do If Your Appliances Need Fixing Or Replacing

#2 Unread post by Grizzledrenter » January 15th, 2018, 7:49 pm

You must be logged in to read the additional posts in this topic

# by »

# by »