Landlords Paying Tenants To Move Is Actually A Win For Landlords

Announcements and articles for tenants will be posted here along with helpful posts from the New Tenant Help Forum.
FAIRrenter

Landlords Paying Tenants To Move Is Actually A Win For Landlords

#1 Unread post by FAIRrenter » February 4th, 2024, 6:12 am

I want to begin by saying I have lived in my current apartment for almost 3 years and have never had any issues with my landlord who lives upstairs.

We have a lease which really is a business contract: how long I will stay, how much is the rent, etc.

And this works great….everything was disclosed and agreed to before I even moved in. Both sides just followed what the lease/business contract states. It’s so simple!!!

Tenants Are Being Portrayed Unfairly

I’ve seen in the media and on social media that Tenants are being accused of demanding huge sums of money to agree to their landlord’s demand to move out.

Often the Tenants are portrayed as ‘greedy’ or partaking in some type of extortion.

This is not true and unfair!

What’s The Reality?

Let’s go over this to help educate the public.

Landlords Signed A Lease

Both sides agreed to the terms of the lease.

Moving is difficult, expensive and harms Tenants, our jobs, and our families

Vacancy rates are so low and it can be devastating having to move to a new home. We signed a lease for the stability to put our kids in school, put them in clubs, being close to our work, and so many other reasons.

What Would Happen If Tenants Had To Break Our Lease?

There are many cases where the landlords say “no” and even sue us for breaking the lease!

Why Should Tenants Be Held Responsible For Their Landlord’s Lack Of Business Sense?

If you think you will sell the property why not give the Tenants a short term lease? Or leave the rental property empty until you are sure you know what you want to do?

Why sign long term leases and punish paying Tenants just because you didn’t plan carefully?

Are The So-called “Tenants Demand $100,000 Payments” Even True Or Just Another Hoax Spread By Some Landlords?

We’ve seen them make crazy lies and hoaxes in the past: from all the small landlords committing suicide because of the Landlord and Tenant Board giving Tenants some basic human rights and landlords not just being able to kick people out on a whim to staged protests for media attention to saying they would have huge lawsuits to destroy the LTB. All baloney!

As one Tenant in the OLA Tenants forum wrote:

DO THE MEDIA EVEN HAVE PROOF TENANTS ARE WANTING $100,000 TO MOVE?

IS IT JUST ANOTHER LANDLORD HOAX???

WHEN MY PREVIOUS LANDLORD WANTED TO MOVE HE JUST GAVE ME 2 MONTHS TO FIND A NEW PLACE!

Tenants Who Agree To A Pay Out Are Actually Helping Their Landlords

https://ontariolandlords.org/blog/landl ... landlords/