Barrie Ontario Landlord Was Assaulted with a Broom and a Knife!
Remember this where an Ontario Landlord was Arrested For Assaulting Tenant’s Friend During Move-Out
These problems involving violence have also happened in other provinces in Canada, such as in British Columbia.
What Can A Landlord Do To Protect Ourselves?
1. The best way to protect yourself is to make sure you carefully screen tenants and know who you are putting in your rental property.
2. Make sure you do a credit check to get information about your potential tenants financial history.
3. Many landlords and property managers are now conducting criminal checks on all prospective tenants.
4. Request for former landlord references and check each reference out carefully.
5. Study the Ontario Residential Tenancy Act and always follow the rules.
A Barrie Ontario Landlord Was Allegedly Punched, Hit With A Broom and Had a Knife Thrown At Him. This is Yet Another Example of Why Landlords Must Be Careful At All Times. Discus this at the Ontario Landlords Forum, the #1 Landlord Forum in Canada.